Application Deadline:28th April 2020
Young people remain at the heart of IPPF’s Strategic Framework. The Youth Participation Center is aimed at creating a learning network for young people, which will ensure institutionalization of youth participation within the Federation.
This initiative will set up a Youth Leadership Center which will develop a set of standards and tools for Member Associations (MAs) to build and strengthen national youth networks. It will train champions from MAs across the Federation to support fellow MAs to identify strengths and areas for growth in their existing youth participation structures and create formal mechanisms to support meaningful youth engagement at all levels of the Federation.
Applications are now being accepted from young people who want to build youth networks and create supportive environments for meaningful participation in programmes, advocacy and decision-making processes.
This call therefore seeks applications of young people from 6 MA’s in order to create a learning network and ensure institutionalization of youth participation within the Federation. The selected 6 young people from the MAs will serve as representatives of the networks built within their respective regions such as EN, WHR, etc.
The selected 6 MAs representatives will constitute a youth summit that will meet in person annually and through digital platforms. The role of the summit will be defined through terms of reference .
The MA will promote MA to MA learning through the MA centric approach and involve young people in decision making platforms to ensure measurable sexual reproductive health and rights outcomes for young people are achieved as envisaged in IPPF strategic frame work 2016– 2022
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
Members of the Youth Participation Centre are expected to have an interest to be part of the learning network.
Only MA’s that have interest in institutionalizing youth participation will be selected to become members of the Youth participation Centre. Young people within the interested MA’s should consider the following attributes when selecting individuals to represent their organization or network.
The representative should :
• Have strong motivation to enhance the impact of the youth participation Centre.
• Feel comfortable participating in a group with a diverse mix of backgrounds, experience, and ages.
• Know how to encourage active participation in networks and consortiums
• Be a critical thinker and proactive communicator.
• Have approval from the head of his or her organization
• Be vibrant and open minded.
The applicant should;
• Be attached to a MA which is part of the Federation.
• Be aged 18– 23years.
• Have an endorsement from other young volunteers supporting the application.
• Be willing to acquire and disseminate Technical experience and capacities in the field of empowering , capacity building and enabling young people.
• Be available to travel at least five days once a year and invest the time required.
• Be willing and ready to support other young people in advocacy process and decision-making platforms.
• Be able to speak English.
• Be part of a network or consortium.
• Young people in MAs from all regions are urged to apply.
Full induction training.
Accommodation and Travel costs during the summit.
Opportunity to shape IPPF’s youth networks and embed meaningful youth participation.
Chance to network with other youth leaders globally.
Opportunities to lead global and regional SRHR work.
Opportunity to develop personal leadership skills.
Opportunity to be engaged and supported to attend international conferences
Interested applicants to send applications to [email protected] before 28th April 2020 indicating their intentions to be
part of the network. Selected team will be contacted by 1st May 2020 for further directions.
Apply Now for the IPFF Call for Applications: Youth Participation Center 2020