World Bank hiring a Consultant
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Global Practice for Macro Trade & Investment (MTI) comprises about 450 staff working across more than 120 countries. Almost half of MTI professional staff are decentralized to the field working closely with the Country Management Units (CMUs) and in proximity to the clients! MTI professionals often work across sectors helping carry out key integrative functions. In this context, we are responsible for the preparation and delivery of the majority of the Bank’s Development Policy Operations using both IDA and IBRD resources. We also lead or participate in a wide variety of AAA-Analytic and Advisory Activities and client advisory work requiring integrative functions that add to the core Macroeconomic expertise.
The EA2M1 unit covers work in 13 countries within the Africa Region, including the Senegal (AFCF1), Côte d’Ivoire (AFCF2), and Mali (AFCW3) Country Management Units (CMU).
Duties and Accountabilities:
- For this position, you should have demonstrated outstanding technical skills, a capacity to operate successfully across sectors and with other development partners, and first-rate interpersonal skills! You must be able to interact effectively with senior members of the government, senior officials of donor governments, across Bank GPs, and with Bank senior management.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, with five years of experience. A PhD would be an asset and is equivalent to three years of experience.
- Strong technical and operational skills as evidenced in a proven track record in delivery of World Bank (or similar) operations, such as Development Policy Lending or analytical reports;
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, and leadership qualities, as well as effective teamwork skills;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior policy officials.
- Strong integrative capacities; i.e., ability to situate IDA activities within a coherent strategic framework.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly on complex topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills and ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude and drive.
- Strong commitment towards team work and knowledge sharing, especially across the World Bank Group.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Application deadline: 04 May 2020.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/requisition/7025/application?c=worldbankgroup#1
Votre adresse Email a été enregistrée avec succès. Toutes les infos vous seront désormais envoyés par mail !